The best WhatsApp MOD in 2024
WhatsApp Plus, one of the best WhatsApp MODs in 2024
WhatsApp Plus APK is currently one of the most popular MODs for WhatsApp, by far the most popular way of communication for millions of people. Once you download WhatsApp Plus Android, you'll get hold of a version that enhances the features of the original instant messaging app, offering more features and freedom without restrictions related to security, privacy, or customization.
What is WhatsApp Plus and what is it for?
WhatsApp Plus APK is a modified version of the official WhatsApp app. It is a service designed and developed for original app users who are looking for more complete settings, i.e. more customizable options.
This MOD is based on the official version of WhatsApp but includes more options to offer more freedom to its users. Thus, WhatsApp Plus offers better privacy settings, a much more customizable user interface, and the option to send data and files with almost no limits in terms of quantity or size.
Main functions and features of WhatsApp Plus
The main idea behind WhatsApp Plus Android is to improve the features already existing in WhatsApp, therefore, once we download WhatsApp Plus APK, we will find the following features:
Privacy and security features
- It lets you block incoming calls from specific users you do not want to talk to.
- It only displays the double blue check once the user has replied to the message.
- It makes it possible to read all messages and statuses, including those deleted by the user.
- It lets you remain invisible by hiding the status completely and freezing the last connection time.
- The user can choose whether to hide the blue checks, the second blue check, the blue micro, the 'writing...' or the 'recording audio...' to contacts in general, to groups or to broadcast lists.
- Messaging is locked by fingerprint, pin code, or pattern, with the possibility to add a security question.
- It includes a store with lots of free themes to customize the interface appearance with all kinds of different colors, fonts, and backgrounds, as well as an editor to create your own themes.
- It offers full control over every aspect of the interface individually. Users can customize fonts, the appearance of tabs, or the background of each conversation separately.
- It includes over twenty different screens for calls and video calls made through the app.
- It lets you close conversations by swiping upwards.
- It lets you change the application icon to any other icon (this can be useful to hide it from intruders).
- You can hide dates and times when copying and pasting messages to keep only the text.
- It lets you send videos up to 700MB and images without loss of resolution and has no limit on the number of images sent simultaneously. WhatsApp, on the other hand, limits videos to 16 MB, reduces the size of images, and limits the sending of up to 30 simultaneous images.
- It lets you disable the audio note playback notification in the status bar if it disturbs the user.
What is the difference between the original WhatsApp and WhatsApp Plus?
WhatsApp Messenger is the official app, an instant messaging application created by Jan Koum and Brian Acton and now developed by Meta, which you can download from the Play Store, from Malavida, or even from its official website. The app, whose package is called com.whatsapp, is regularly updated and is fully official so there is no doubt about its privacy and security.
WhatsApp Plus is a WhatsApp MOD, an app created by taking the original source code, modifying it, and recompiling it with the same package name. These changes bring several new features and functions that we have detailed above, many of them highly demanded by users and that make the app highly popular. Not being an official app, we cannot download or update it through official sources, nor can we fully guarantee its security and privacy, even though it has passed our strictest controls.
Is it safe and reliable to download the WhatsApp Plus APK?
We can say that the WhatsApp Plus APK that we offer at Malavida is free of viruses and malware as our website includes automatic processes that check our files using over 50 different antiviruses. Still, if we were asked if WhatsApp Plus was 100% safe, we are unable to confirm it. As it is an app created by third parties, the following two reasons make it impossible for us to state that it is completely safe:
- Although the developers claim that chats through the MOD are stored on WhatsApp Messenger's official servers, there is no way to verify if they are also hosted on other non-Meta servers in between, so the privacy of messages could be compromised.
What should you know before installing WhatsApp Plus APK for mobile?
Before starting to use WhatsApp Plus, it is important to bear in mind some considerations. First, since it is a non-authorized development by Meta, you will not be able to download, install, and update the MOD through Google Play. After downloading the updated file from Malavida, you will have to follow a few simple steps that we explain step-by-step in our WhatsApp Plus installation guide.
Secondly, unlike WhatsApp, WhatsApp Plus does not support using Google Drive to back up your conversations. If keeping your conversations safe when switching messengers is important to you, you should know how to make a local copy of your chats before switching to WhatsApp Plus.
Finally, both applications, WhatsApp and WhatsApp Plus cannot be installed simultaneously on the same device as it identifies them as identical because they have the same package name. If you want to install WhatsApp Plus, you will need to remove WhatsApp first. If, on the other hand, you are interested in knowing how to have two different phone numbers with WhatsApp Plus and WhatsApp, there are tricks to achieve this.
How to download and install the latest version of WhatsApp Plus APK step by step
To download WhatsApp Plus Android and install it on your phone, follow the steps below or refer to the installation guide mentioned above:
- On the smartphone, activate the "Unknown sources" option in the Settings>Applications menu.
- Download the APK from the green Download button at the top of this page.
- Once the download is complete, open the file from the Android notification and select the 'Install' button at the bottom right. Remember that if you have the official WhatsApp, WhatsApp Plus will overwrite it.
- Once the installation is complete, select Open.
- WhatsApp Plus will ask you for permission to access your phone and contacts and accept to continue.
- Enter your phone number and confirm it with the code you will receive by SMS. Now, you will be able to start using the app.
Advantages and disadvantages of using WhatsApp Plus
Using WhatsApp Plus over the original WhatsApp has advantages, but also disadvantages to consider before deciding which messenger to use.
- Customization: the main advantage of using the MOD over the original app is that the user will have access to much more customization options and extra functions related to the user's security.
- Privacy: the user can use messaging but always remain invisible to contacts by freezing the connection time and line status or by deleting typing and audio messages in progress.
- Loss of end-to-end encryption: WhatsApp Plus does not offer end-to-end encryption because the encryption protocols are disabled as it is a modified version without permission from the official platform.
- Bans: if you wonder if you can be banned from WhatsApp for using WhatsApp Plus, the answer is yes, you can. WhatsApp periodically bans all or part of the MODs users from its servers, forcing them to switch to the official app and sometimes even locking them out of the service for a certain period.
- Updates: as it is a modification, updates will always follow the official app. So, in case of a serious vulnerability or bug, the fix will always arrive later in WhatsApp Plus.
- Data usage: the use of MOD grants access to our conversations, files, photos, and other personal data to developers and servers that we do not know much about (although in this case, we do not know much about Meta's servers either).
What's new in the latest version of WhatsApp Plus 2024
HeyMods, the developers of WhatsApp Plus, add enhancements, fixes, and new features as they release new versions. These are the most important new features of WhatsApp Plus in the latest versions:
- It features a completely redesigned call menu interface.
- A shortcut is added to the message search menu.
- New function to send group invitation links.
- Temporary messages can be destroyed after 90 days.
- New drawing tool to share sketches and "artwork" with users.
- It includes an automatic translator to translate messages.
- The DIY Theme feature lets users create their own custom themes and share them with friends and family.
Best alternatives to WhatsApp Plus
WhatsApp Plus is one of the most popular and complete WhatsApp MODs. However, there are some good alternatives to WhatsApp Plus that differ in certain details that could better suit the needs of each user:
WhatsApp and WhatsApp Plus cannot be installed at the same time on the same device because both use the same package name (com.whatsapp) and the smartphone identifies them as identical apps. However, GB WhatsApp uses a different package than the official app (com.gbwhatsapp). Due to this small difference, if a user uses two different phone numbers and wants to know how to use two WhatsApp accounts with GBWhatsApp, it can be done.
In case of wanting to use three different phone numbers, the user may resort to a third MOD with a different package name and the best solution is YOWhatsApp. This app is from the same developer as GBWhatsApp and both share all its functions, even the aesthetic ones.
The main difference between WhatsApp Plus and FMWhatsApp is its developer. The HeyMods team is in charge of the development of WhatsApp Plus while the creator of FMWhatsApp is Fouad Mokdad, hence its name. This alternative just will offer minor aesthetic changes and some minimal additional differences within the possible customizations that are best seen in a comparison of WhatsApp Plus and FMWhatsApp. It is a very good option to be considered.
Since the beginning of the proliferation of different modifications of WhatsApp, AeroWhatsApp or WhatsApp Aero has stood out from the rest by offering a more distinguishable appearance compared to other MODs such as WhatsApp Plus or compared to the original app. This alternative, in addition to offering the thousands of themes that most MODs include, has over a dozen home screens of its own, supposedly unique and only available in this Aero version.
With no big differences and equally good performance, this JTWhatsApp can be a perfect alternative for the user who simply wants to try something new. It offers basically the same additional options as WhatsApp Plus but its offer of different themes, backgrounds, or call screens could be more appealing to the user.
WhatsApp Plus emphasizes customization and aesthetic changes in messaging. If as a user, the original aspect of WhatsApp is enough for you and you only want to reinforce the security and privacy options that concern chats and contact management, Soula WhatsApp is a lighter alternative and adapted to your needs.
There are other interesting alternative MODs such as OGWhatsApp or WhatsApp Mix. In general, they all offer very similar functions and only the small details will make the user choose one or the other. An important factor to keep in mind is the periodicity of updates to combat security breaches or bugs. In that regard, HeyMods, the developer of GBWhatsApp, WhatsApp Plus, YOWhatsApp, and HeyWhatsApp is very consistent.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.4.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
A Telecommunications Engineer, chance led me to the translation industry, where after a few years, I discovered another side of the world of technology while translating what others were writing about mobile applications and software. That...